Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 04:55 AM   #3
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainscott32 View Post
I have a "new to me" Thor 21C Class C, with a single coach battery. We are planning on doing some winter dry camping in Ohio. Not extreme cold, but definitely some furnace weather.

Is it realistic to believe that I could add sufficient battery capacity to make it through the night on a charge? Running the on board generator overnight is not an option for obvious reasons.

Another option would be to use my Yamaha 2000 generator at a safe distance from the coach. while it is only 2000 watts, it should handle these loads nicely.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Scott
2010 Thor Freedom Elite 21C
Might be good to elaborate on the obvious reasons for not running the generator. Is it in a place where you aren't allowed to run it or is the fear CO?

If CO, have you considered a Genturi or similar device to route the exhaust above the coach and feel better about the CO?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.