Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Motorhome
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #15
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I'm a do gooder also. Very minor problems that my dealer fixed. I was,also asked " whens your next trip" told them take your time it xmas time im not in a hurry. 3 weeks late it was done and done correctly.

From ive read about unhappy owners isnt really with Thor but with the service department at the dealers. Guess im lucky my dealer seems to be good.

I call Thors curtomer service everytime i have a question about my unit. They always help and are a pleasure to deal with. Recently i had a issue with a couple items. Even though im out of warranty the rep sent me the parts for free. The cheapest i could find the parts online was over $700. Thats great customer service.

Jerry
halfprice, I wouldn't call my dealer "bad." It's just that they have bought into what I would call an unacceptable system. Their reasoning for the appointment system working like it does is because so many just drive in and say they have a problem and need it fixed right then. My take is they should be placed after all those who had scheduled that time. The term "appointment" is meaningless. From now on, my plan when I have an issue is to just drop in, tell them we were heading out on a camping trip with RV Park reservations, the thing broke down, and I need it fixed right then. That seems to be the only way to get it done in a timely way. Since their appointment system is just to get on their lot, why not keep the lot empty, except for those drop-ins, and call me when they are ready to do the work. Then, I can drive over and they can start work on it. With their current system, when I make an appointment, they have no idea how long it is going to sit there before they even assign it to a technician. If anyone can give a logical explanation for that kind of system I will listen.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum