Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Sizzer jacks
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #9
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAxis View Post
JamieGeek, do you still happen to have any pics of the jacks mounted on your Axis? Have you had any issues with clearance on the back ones?
Yeah I have pics (Dropbox killed my pics as I was using it to host all of my pics and they decided that making a directory public was a security issue and killed that feature ).

The mounting place for the rear jacks works great. No clearance issues, no problems:
Click image for larger version

Name:	jackrear2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	7278
Click image for larger version

Name:	jackrear3.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	7279

The front ones, however, are mounted right behind the front bumper and in front of the "accordion" section of the frame. In that spot there is considerable flex. Thus if I tighten up the jacks too much it pushes the entire front of the camper up (enough so that the "hood" on the front pops open and you can't close it). Thus I would recommend against mounting the front ones where I did.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.