Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 01:42 AM   #2229
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Made it to Indiana!!!. Left Dallas last Friday, took 2 1/2 hours to get out of town and it wasn't rush hour! Sure won't miss Dallas traffic! Myra followed me in her car and acted as a blocker when I need to change lanes, BIG help in Dallas. I was pulling a 6x10 enclosed cargo trailer, sure wished I had gotten the track bar on before we left.

Spent Sat and Sun in Oklahoma visiting old friends I hadn't seen in twenty years, sure was nice. The town I lived in has grown a lot and very different. Had breakfast at the very old restaurant where the movie Where The Red Fern Grows was filmed, interesting place and great food! Drove by where Mr Ed the talking horse was buried, watched that show a lot when I was younger.

Drove to the Six Flags KOA in St Louis and stayed Monday night, VERY nice campground! Left about 8:30a thought traffic would be bad and it wasn't. Drove to sister-in-laws house Tues and got in about 3p, had a good dinner then went on to the KOA in Bluffton, IN. 15 miles down a narrow two lane, located on the other side of nowhere. Nice place, but very basic, lots of full timers working on the GM plant in Fort Wayne staying there because the campground is open year round, most close here the end of October.

Yesterday we moved to the Johnny Appleseed campground in Fort Wayne, nice place, no cable or sewer but good location for us to stay until we close on our new house. Lots of walnut trees here, walnuts dropping on the coach sound like you're having baseballs thrown at you!!! We'll be here about a week or so until house closing.

Observations:
Having the big camera monitor on the dash is great in heavy traffic! The insulation added to the doghouse was worth every penny, no heat and big reduction in noise level. With cruise control on the engine noise is almost nonexistent, only time you have noise is when accelerating. If you pull a trailer you need a track bar, no ifs, ands, or buts, you need one! On narrow two lane roads class A coaches and semi's don't mix well, but I already knew that, just saying! Windshield wipers worked great, was concerned after hearing about the problems others had. We hit some pretty heavy rain in Illinois and partly in Indiana. Wish they had a wiper for the rear camera, after the rain quit I had to stop and clean it so I could see!

Coach has performed Great! Averaged 8 mpg pulling a heavy trailer running around 65 mph over about 1200 miles, not to bad in my opinion. Since we've had no cable the digital Samsung tv's have been great at pulling in over the air stations.

This has been a great trip, no problems at all! Great to be back online with my friends, hope everyone is doing well!!! Anxious to get moved in to our new house but dread having to buy a new snowblower!!!
Way to go Dave!! Glad you and Myra finished that trek.Just got back home from the Balloon Fiesta this evening. Will write an after action report and share it with you and the others via email. Have fun with the rest of the move!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.