Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #16
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by lspotho View Post
This is a great discussion for my wife and I. We are fairly new to this, but we are out for a 3 week trip around the western states, with no specific plans, just some ideas of places we want to see - not the big national parks.

But we are struggling with the question of planning one, or two, or three days ahead - for tomorrow, do we think about that tonite, or tomorrow morning, or even later?? Very stressful!

For those of you who DON'T plan ahead - when DO you make plans? Do you just look at where you are at 5pm, and make some calls?

Any insights would be appreciated!
Dan

PS We have a Thor Siesta, Class C - done friends with a van don't worry much, and I suspect people with big class A's don't move every day.
Above all relax and have fun...that is the point isn't it.

How much planning do you do in general? Shop for a week's worth of groceries and have every meal planned out? Or you just wing it and grab each days dinner when you're hungry? Same thing goes here...

We've done both: Plan each stop and make reservations well in advance, or at a late afternoon stop figure how much more we want to drive and start calling.. In one case you know exactly how far you have to drive and in the other you just stop when you feel like it (after you've made a few drives those two values approach each other as you get used driving the RV).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum