Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: LA, hello?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
3 or 4 years ago when we made our first trip out west to specifically do the California, Oregon, and Washington coast I considered starting in the LA area. I did some research and after considering numerous factors we decided to just come across I-80 and start at San Francisco. At the time we were full timing in a 39' fiver.

Since you have to attend a function in LA why not camp around Palm Springs CA and make the 90 minute drive into the city? To me if would be worth staying a night or two in a motel so as not to have my RV in that metro area.
Joe, we have tentatively planned to stay at Californian RV Resort in Acton. Google Maps says it is a 40 minute drive to Glendale, where our son lives, and about an hour and a half from the wedding site. Not a problem for me, but some in the family seem to think that's too far to drive back to the RV after the wedding. Staying in a motel/hotel in the city while also paying for a spot in a nice campground almost seems to me like defeating the purpose of buying my RV to begin with. If I wanted to sleep in a hotel and eat restaurant food the whole time I'm there, I would just fly out the day before the wedding and fly back the next day.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.