Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 01:42 AM   #8
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
This comes up every so often on this forum and others. You will find several owners finding comfort in having a spare, and plenty of others, like myself, who choose to go without.

Some believe the weight is unnecessary, and some say they wouldn't be comfortable with the jacking and trying to get the lugnuts off.

My personal flat tire experience was with our previous coach when the tires were about 5 years old (plenty of tread left). We had two blow outs before we replaced the rest of the tires. Those two times, road service had us back on the road in about 4 hours and the tires cost the same as everywhere else.

According to AAA, 30 million vehicles in the US have no spares. If we were taking our coach to remote areas, I would be more interested in taking along a spare.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum