Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Compass 23 TB
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:47 AM   #8
Windsurfer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Arkansas
THOR #9447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Bfdcheif, After using the Gemini this summer in warm weather, wife and I just don't feel one air conditioner is sufficient, at least not for us. I could keep the bedroom and the rear of the coach quite cool, and by running a fan in front and forcing warm air toward the rear, I could get some cooling up front, but not enough for us. I am having a second AC, identical to the existing one in the rear installed in front, it will go where the ceiling vent and fan currently are in front, which will replace the one in the bathroom. Since the Gemini only has 30 amp service, the front AC will be powered off a second 30 amp connector, which will mount right next to the existing one. I will run a Y connector off the two 30 amp connectors to a single 50 amp lead, which will plug into 50 amp service at RV parks. I will not be able to run the front AC off the generator, only when its plugged in, which will really be no inconvenience to us, since we virtually always are at RV parks with full hookups. The dash air on the Mercedes chassis is pretty effective in the front on the coach, while underway, which of course is where we are when on the road. This is not an inexpensive venture, but for us, it will make the Gemini so much more pleasant to use and be in. I am also adding an HWH leveling system, which is really expensive, but again, coming from a 41 foot DP that had all this stuff on it, we really miss it. The times I have had to pull a wheel or two on a jack pad, or short ramp to get more level, convinced me that for us the auto leveling system is the way to go.
Just wanted to know, will the HWH leveling system fit on a Gemini\Compass? My dealer thought it was too tight with where the tanks are.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum