Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Vegas
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #14
VegasinDallas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Texas
THOR #8252
My thoughts

First off, we have a 2017 Vegas 25.3 and love it. Just under 4K miles so I cannot give you a long term report or assume that I’m an expert on the subject. But, I do have a couple of thoughts on the matter that I would like to share. (I know….that and $150=1 cup of coffee)
We paid about 70K for our Vegas. A co-worker just paid close to that for an aluminum F-150. For that we have a good Ford chassis and engine, a somewhat stream line shape that gets 10+ MPG and what I consider a lot of features for the price. I did a lot of research that lead me to this site and made notes of everything others needed to do to theirs such as sealing areas that may leak and tying up lines - cables - wires that may become problematic. I admire good craftsmanship in all things and don’t feel like that is always the case with what Thor assembles - BUT if Thor spent the time and $ assembling this like a high end coach I most likely couldn't or wouldn't want to afford it. We are very happy with what we have and I am willing and happy to do what I can myself to keep it out of the shop. If you read other manufacturers forums, it seams all RV have issues. Like many others have said on this site, find the RV and floorpan that is right for you and make it work. For us, our Vegas is it. In fact we have always discussed living in an RV for extended periods of time in the future. We love this so much that we will probably not “upgrade”.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum