Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #11
Wonderdog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Fill it a little more slowly... So the water can escape when it is full...
It is also one of the sensors on control panel that is reasonably accurate.

On my rig, I can open a cabinet door from living area, or bathroom vanity, and see the tank.

I rarely fill it completely - as I haven't needed that much on board - and no need to carry the weight.

Not leaving the rig while filling is good advice... I have had the vent line pop off before. You just never know.
Another hint: You can tell when the tank is nearing full by the sound of the air rushing out of the tank by your fill hose. Not unlike filling the gas tank on your car. When that sound changes, stop and check your level. It's probably as close to full as you really need. After you've done it a few times it becomes second nature and you can just about match your timing every fill.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum