Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #15
Wonderdog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Unfortunately RV manufacturing is largely unregulated, so the manufactures are driven by profit margins. The consumer loses, because overall manufacturing costs are lower, using inexperienced, inexpensive labor to assemble the RV's, and letting the dealers fix and repair assembly line errors and inconsistencies. Dealer service departments are overwhelmed, as they are having to in some cases, practically rebuild some of the RV's that have been sold, for reduced labor costs, which contractually is what is agreed to by the manufacture and the dealer. I can tell you that not far from where I live there is a Provost service center. If you own a Provost, it takes months to get it in for service or repair, and they are just as overwhelmed by warrantee work as dealers of lower end RV's. To substantially change this whole situation, meaning highly skilled assembly line workers and a vastly enhanced quality control process, consumers would have to pay substantially more for their RV's than they currently are, and no consumer I know wants that!
Actually, refusing to buy would work wonders, but that's not going to happen either. This is a tale as old as the industrial revolution. Hard times and layoffs will motivate to survive but hurt many more. They're turning them out to meet demand and folks are still lining up.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum