Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 12:18 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmetal View Post
i would avoid continental tires, they make many weird versions for oem applications and are hard to get a replacement when you need one,

The first ones I noticed which were on Transit vans were also a peculiar size, I believe 235/65R16C, which made replacement even tougher.

At least with the more common 225/75R16C size (originally used on ProMaster vans but now they may have switched to cheaper LT225/75R16) there are many LT variations that could get you home with a Class C, if not carrying a spare, since that's the OEM tire size and rating.

With Transit tires there are no LT235/65R16 size that I'm aware of that have the load capacity to meet the 1-ton SRW vans' requirement. In that case I think you'd have to stick with the commercial tire.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.