Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 05:50 AM   #12
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace30.2 View Post
I found it much quicker and less abusive to the coach to manual level. Start with the rear lower the jacks until you feel them make solid contact. Then do the same with the front. Once all 4 are down then get the front to back level then left to right. Works for me every time.
Ditto. Even though I'm only a few weeks into ownership, I found the auto level a bit disconcerting how violently it racks the coach. Not only that, even after resetting the level, it seems to get it higher than needed.

So, I spent the $100+ on a Level Mate Pro. It attaches to a wall in the coach and then you run an app on your phone. It will tell you the height that each corner has to come up to be level. I set my zero with the left side about .75 inches high, which gets me level after I put the slides out.

My steps (and you could do this manually with the lippert control after setting the zero, but I decided the level mate was faster/easier).

1. Lower rear until both jacks are down and rear starts to come up (I can tell, because level mate will show the front numbers increasing -- these are how much the front needs to be raised -- this is done because I want all four jacks down).
2. Raise the front until one of the front corners equals zero
3. Now, raise whichever side is low, and at this point both the front and rear corner on that side should require the same adjustment.

Done. With the Level Mate Pro I can do that in probably 10 - 15 seconds I would guess. It takes it longer the the LPI control to come on, check the jack positions and me put it in manual mode than it does for me to level it.

As a bonus, you can run the app as you are pulling into your site to try and find the most level spot. Can't say enough about this gadget.

Also, like Super D, I got the snap pads. Easy to install and then you've got jack pads permanently mounted from that point on.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum