Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 12:03 AM   #2280
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
A few things I've done over the last couple of months

The work Dino has been showing reminded me of a couple of things I've done on mine lately.
Fixed small leak in Shower Faucets:
I noticed a constant bead of water at the base of the shower under the faucets, investigated and found the faucet connections were the culprit (see "ShowerLeak" pic). However, there was absolutely no slack between the wall and the faucet to access the connections, so I used a coupling and nipple to space the faucets such that I could assure a tight connection. Also used a good bit of teflon tape. (See Shower 2)

Kitchen storage and Power:
Since I live in this thing, I would like to leave a couple appliances out and plugged in for convenience. However, with only one power outlet at the kitchen sink/stove area, that was a problem. So I used a small power strip and some Command velcro and fixed that situation. (See KitchenPower). I also had bigger spoons, spatuala, etc., that cluttered the drawers. So I found a 5-hook "thingee" in walmart and installed it on the wall by the stovetop. (See KitchenHanger)

Ethernet (Cat 5) connection:
My neighbor has HughesNet and offered to let me tie into it for internet service. I installed a couple of Cat 5 connections and routed a Cat 5 cable up to a new Wireless router in the RV. Now I'm using WiFi instead of Data.
(See Cat5-1,4, and 6) I installed the inside port on the refrigerator wall in the bedroom by the window and routed the wire up the side of the cabinet to the router over the refrigerator. Router power is plugged into the same outlet as the bedroom TV. Outside the Cat 5 cable runs from the other side of the fridge wall out the fridge vent where I installed another wall outlet. I'll figure something to weather proof it that looks nice, but for now duct tape suffices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat5-1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	7422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat5-4.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	7423  

Name:	Cat5-6.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	7424   Click image for larger version

Name:	ShowerLeak.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	7425  

Name:	Shower3.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	7426   Click image for larger version

Name:	KitchenPower.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	7427  

Name:	KitchenHanger.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	7428  
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum