Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Miramar 34.4
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #9
Tearstone

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarVA View Post
No more than a week. They direct shipped them to me.
That's great! I assume this is when you call them directly vs. going through the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
Yes, the table fits snug. Like many others, I rarely use it but it is nice when the grandkids visit.
We'll be traveling with our daughter. I was thinking we'll end up using it more often than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
I love my Miramar. That is not to say we haven't had issues with it. Many minor problems such as loose or missing screws. The major problem we had was the alignment. I didn't even think about doing that on a new vehicle. I had Safe-T-Plus installed and he showed me the tires and told me the toe-in was off over 3 inches. At 5,000 miles my tires were worn at such an angle he didn't think they would self correct. Luckily the next 5,000 miles has leveled them out.

The only other "major" issue was the drain on the outside sink was not properly installed. The rubber connecting hose was too short to properly clamp onto the pipe. I simply purchased a longer hose and clamped it back together. Happily this was discovered during my inspection once I got it home, before any damage was done.

I also had a slide leak which I traced to the lower face trim on the outside of the slide. It had no caulking and allowed the water to run down the face of the slide, seeping through the unsealed trim and into the RV. It caused no problems when the slide was out and when the slide was in would normally dry up before I saw it. I only discovered this when spending the night in a Flying J with the slides in through a thunderstorm. I'm glad this happened because this could have gone on for years and rotted something out or caused mold before I would have discovered it.

All of this aside, I love the Miramar!
All in all, that's not bad at all. Good point on the alignment, I would have assumed that was already handled out of the gates.

How much do alignments go for on these?
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.