Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #13
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
I received an answer from Carolina Laser. The labels are indeed UV rated except for the brushed silver and gold.

I ended up ordering another set as I found a few other things I wanted to label (and I don't want to go overboard here with making labels and dorking up my RV), but this time - I also ordered a yellow with black lettering label showing the clearance of the RV - i.e. how tall the bridge must be for me to drive under it and retain my air conditioner unit intact on the roof.

I will affix it to the upper windshield frame under the sun visor (I will have to lower the sun visor to see it, so it will normally be out of sight).

While my coach, being a Class C, is not as tall as most Class As, I have encountered three situations last year where I had to avoid a low bridge. I had to think for a second to remember what the height of the coach was.

Generally, I think standard for interstate overpasses are 13'-6", when you get into towns and such, that is where I find the low bridges; railroad overpasses, etc.
FW

I like the idea of the clearance and weight labels. Unfortunately I did not see this post before I submitted my order for light and slide labels. The order was submitted yesterday morning and I received shipment confirmation about an hour ago. After that order comes in I'll see what else I'd like and submit a second.

Also, regarding clearances. The 13 ft 6 in is the maximum height allowable for a vehicle. Special permits are generally required for vehicles running over 13' 6". During my interstate highway travels the lowest overpass I have encountered is 14' 1" and they had over height detectors along the road to warn folks and direct them to a detour if required. That was a 12 mile, 3 overpass, section of I95 in NC.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.