Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #2
jklebba

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: Michigan
THOR #1766
My 30Q Hurricane is a bit older- 2007, so it may be different than your new one. The two latches are keyed with a cylinder-type key which raises and rotates a tang which locks the hood down on the front cowl. The height of the tang can be adjusted by two nuts above and below the tang itself. The lock assembly itself is held in place by a large nut that tends to vibrate loose unless treated with locktite The large nut needs a large crescent wrench or an open end 1 3/8 wrench. The key is to make sure the assembly is firmly tightened down, and then adjust the two locking nuts to orient the tang properly so that it grabs the cowl at the proper height and pulls the hood shut. When I bought my unit the right assembly had vibrated loose. Apparently the owner didn't have a wrench large enough to tighten it, so they finger-tightened it and loosened the tang adjusting nuts so that the right side of the hood was raised off the cowl a good 1/4 inch. Every time I walked in front of the motorhome I noticed that the right side of the hood had vibrated loose. With a bit of locktite and a few minutes fiddling with the adjusting nuts, I haven't had a problem since.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum