Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I have a 2014 Hurricane 34e. I have noticed that it's getting slightly easier to open and close the hood. I'm not completely sure if it is really easier, or if I'm just becoming familiar with the process. It's only been open about five times, (I wanted to test the latches, and check fluids before trips). The last time was to actually change the oil for the first time.

It was a very stiff and difficult to open and close the first few times. I almost thought that I was going to break the fiberglass. I think it has to do with the very strong pneumatic assists rods used, and the weird geometry design used for the hinge linkage.

You kind of have to push in while you simultaneously pull down. I have found the spots to push, (where the hinges are attached to the fiberglass), without having to worry that something is going to break.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum