Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 04:23 PM   #53
dcbenny

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
Coming down 95 you have options, but I-4 through Orlando is a nightmare and I only send people I don't like that way . You can take 95 to I-4, but exit I-4 at Route 417 (I think it is exit 101) and take 417 to exit 6. There will be signs to 436 and Disney. Follow 436 and the signs to Disney/Magic Kingdom. After the exit it is well marked, and as you get closer to the Magic Kingdom you will pick up signs for Ft Wilderness. As you see the Magic Kingdom parking /toll booth choose a lane to the right, but not the bus lane. You will take a right turn shortly after the parking/toll booth. Ft Wilderness will be on your left.
On paper it looks like 417 takes you out of the way, but I-4 is a mess with never-ending construction and narrowed lanes. Unless your timing is right the shorter I-4 route will have numerous traffic delays. My father in law swears by the 95 to I-4 to 417 connection to Disney.
I prefer taking 95 to the Beach Line (route 528) to 417. But it is a toll road, so unless you go online and order a SunPass sticker tolls are a pain. But the road is not as heavily traveled as I-4 and I have a toll sticker.
We are at Disney (it is my DH's happy place!) a lot as we go to Ft Wilderness and also have a DVC membership at the Beach Club.
Happy (and safe) travels.
AarV just reading thru this I believe you mean 536, 436 is further north east from Disney

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.