Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #2
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
I'm not positive, but I would think if you keep the inside reasonably warm (62-68) you shouldn't have too much to worry about. The lines are in the walls of the RV, so shielded from direct exposure. However, you may want to look to your Fresh water line and either disconnect and use the tank, or plan on waiting for the thaw to happen the next morning. Pretty sure the tank wont have an issue, too much water to freeze and pump should be inside the RV (at least mine is).

As for the propane, my 29M doesn't use that much for heating, but it depends on how warm you want the living space to stay. Jackets/Sweaters are easy to put on, then sleeping cool is pretty common. Also, depending on how many people are in the RV, the inside temp will reflect their heat gain also.

I would put 1/3 - 2/3 water in the FW tank and plan on using it overnight, disconnect and drain the FW hose (so you can use it the next day) and enjoy the cold evenings.

Just my 2 cents. Look for more info from the more experienced guys.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.