Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #204
Ziggys Vegas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1347
First Trip in our Vegas

My wife and I just returned from a 36 day, 7012 mile shakedown cruise in our new Vegas, from Central Pennsylvania to the SouthWest of the US. We had a very nice time visiting family, and enjoying museums, state and federal parks, Route 66 relics, and other points of interest. The only serious mechanical problem we had was a leaky house water pump that made a mess of things. We replaced it with a SHURflo pump and had no further water problems.

However, there are two areas that need to be addressed.

The noise level in the cab caused by the combination of engine noise, tire noise, and wind noise is intolerable. Period. At 65 mph it is impossible to carry on a normal conversation or listen to the radio except for the rare instance of a long downhill stretch with just the right road surface. In this day and age of modern acoustical engineering I do not understand why this is so. I suspect the black suits at Thor never drove one of these out of the parking lot.

Whoever made the decision to replace the standard windshield wiper control that came with the chassis and put in that ridiculous dash mounted switch ought to be fired..... Driving across west Texas for several hours in an intermittent rain storm required constant bending over, taking my eyes off the road, fiddling with the control, and never really knowing what amount of delay it was set on, made me a very unhappy camper.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.