Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #13
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Remote display is super easy. My display is mounted on the side of the bed right above the 12v fuse panel. I drilled a hole just big enough to pass the connector thru, connected cable to the display, then holding the display against the side I slid it down as far as I could and marked the mounting holes. By sliding the display down it covers the hole drilled for the cable. I used a small piece of 1x2 as a backing and mounted the display with 1” x #8 si screws. Very solid and easy to see, allows me to monitor power usage at any time.
Ok, you didn't bother running it to your main control center (black levels, grey levels, etc.).

Is this something that needs to be checked every time you hookup, or just looked at for an error if there is no power after connecting?

Any benefit to mounting it in a cabinet outside to see as you hook it up? I know on my external one, I check when I connect to make sure there isn't an open ground or anything like that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum