Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #2296
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
A few thoughts after living in our coach for almost 5 weeks:

All in all we have been pretty comfortable and have no real complaints. Our coach has performed better than expected and I’m glad we chose the 29M floor plan, plenty of room for two people to be comfortable. I would like to make note of some of the things we have discovered after spending an extended period of time in our coach.

The foam in the dinette cushion is terrible and uncomfortable, it compresses into a board quickly and takes a while to rebound. The cushions have a removable cover, I will at some point be taking them to an upholstery shop for better foam, shouldn’t be to expensive since the covers zip off.

2. Lack of pantry space. I got a small plastic tote that just fits in the oven with the racks removed. The oven makes a great place to store canned and boxed foods. The extra space under the front facing dinette seat is very handy to use. Again, a plastic tote helps keep it organized.

3. The sofa is a comfortable place for naps!

4. I put a rubber grip pad made for rugs under the mattress to keep it from sliding around so much, works great.

5. The led lights over the bed are to bright! I bought some static cling window tint, used the covers as patterns, and cut out two discs. I cut a small hole in the center of each disc to allow for the switch, cut the disc from the edge to the center hole to allow for the cup shape of the light cover, laid the tint in the cover and reinstalled. Much better, plenty of light but not as harsh now.

6. A small electric ceramic heater works well to keep the inside warm and cut down on propane usage. Have to be careful which circuit you plug into and turn off when using other high wattage items. Temps are getting in the low 30’s here at night, we only use the furnace first thing but n the morning, ceramic heater takes care of the rest of the day.

7. There is no sewer in this park, tanks are good for about 3-4 days before we have to call the honey wagon. As many have discovered, there is a ledge in the black tank under the toilet which tends to clog unless you use plenty of water to flush. I’ve had to use a hose and sprayer to unclog the toilet a couple of times, VERY poor design and it probably wasn’t necessary to do it this way.

8. The light for the overhead bunk makes a nice nightlight in the evening when watching tv.

9. Lots of room under the bed for storage but a PIA if you have get under there very often. The strut I installed helps but the bed is still heavy to lift.

10. I had previously cut and installed Reflextix in the back emergency exit window to darken the bedroom, I think it also helps with keeping the bedroom warmer.

We still haven’t closed on our new house yet so we’ll be in the coach for a while longer. We made a good choice when buying this coach and if I was doing it again I would buy the same one!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum