Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
gkurts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Mississippi
THOR #8822
30.3 front cap sweating?

I call myself searching for this but couldn't find anything. We noticed some water dripping today from the area of the inside windshield insulation down to the dash this morning. It wasn't much but any water scares the heck out of me.

It was about 30 degrees here last night and we've had it fairly warm inside. The sun came out in force and is warming things up outside a lot. There is a panel in the center cubby in the front drop down bunk, so I took it out. I couldn't find any source of water and the roof looks to be sealed really well. In that opening, I moved the insulation and could feel moisture on the inside of the fiberglass cap (I call it the eyebrow because, well, it looks like one). Could that just be from sweat? Right now, I'm just keeping an eye on it and seeing if it does it again.

We've been through a few really heavy rainstorms and had zero leaks, so I'm thinking that is it. Paranoia gets the best of me sometimes, though.

Thanks for anything thoughts or suggestions or experiences with this!

** edit **
When I pulled the cover off of the access panel, it was very cool inside that area where the insulation is (inside the eyebrow). I'm pretty sure it's just sweat but ... yeah, just worried. This thing has to last us a long time! LOL

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum