Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #15
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by USTraveler View Post
Ok. I'll go through this in more detail. The end links for the front sway bar are not hanging straight down but are angled toward the rear of the MH to connect to the outside holes of the sway bar. In that position they cannot connect to the sway bar inside holes because they are not long enough. The ends of the front sway bar are angled up to enable the end links to connect to the outside holes of the sway bar. If the sway bar and the end links are allowed to swing freely the ends of each would swing in an arc. At some point in the arc the ends of the end link and the sway bar would be at their closest point. At either side of that closest point the ends would move further away from each other. If I remove the end link from the sway bar and swing the sway bar up I am moving the inside hole further up the arc and away from the end link. If I push the end link back towards the sway bar it is also moving further up the arc to its' closest point to the sway bar. Unfortunately the sway bar has moved beyond its' closest point to the end link and is now moving away from the end link. There is no point in the arc of either the end link or the sway bar at which the inside holes of the sway bar will be able to connect to the end link. It really doesn't matter how many other people have been able to do this on their chassis because on mine it is physically impossible to do it, for the reasons stated above. Sorry guys.
Both the sway bar and the link have to move. Sway bar moves up and the link moves back. They will line up. Usually a bottle jack, or any kind of jack you have, is needed to move the sway bar up. And the bottle jack is definitely needed to do the other side after the first bolt is attached.

Wish you lived by me I would help you out with it. It takes about 15 minutes to do.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.