Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 03:17 AM   #14
Springn Springers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #5402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg84 View Post
Sorry to hear about your issues. I also have a 36MQ for almost 3 yrs now...we love it. Yeah, we had some issues also; replaced the inverter, 2 ACs, idiots at the dealership backed into a wall and destroyed the ladder...never told me (always inspect your rig when picking it up ), and other electrical issues. And a bunch of small issues, but they have all been resolved. Took about 18 months to resolve everything. I purchased the extended warranty, lot of discussion on this pros/cons, but I'm glad I did, it has paid for itself.

Was this an engine light warning or off the Magnum control unit reading from the inverter?

If the reading is on the Magnum, it might indicate a problem with invertor or the batteries. But I could find nothing on this error either in the Freightliner nor the Magnum manuals. For GP check your batteries, not just visually, but the measure the specific gravity of the battery acid. I was having all sorts of electrical issues last year that I couldn't figure out. Turns out one of my batteries (the one in the back of course!) developed a small crack in the casing. and the acid was low, totally messing up the other 3. I ended up replacing all 4 of the house batteries at about 24 months.

Was the RV hooked up to external power or where you running off the inverter? Was AGS programmed to turn on the generator when the batteries dipped to a certain level?

When you say "made sure the gas was on" do you mean you had the propane heater set to turn on? In my experience I don't think the inverter alone power both the furnace the refrigerator overnight, especially if it was cold. Wonder if the power draw contributed to the "Temp Sensor Error"?

I'm probably wrong in my suppositions above, but thought I'd toss it out there.

Let us know how it turns out.
Other issues like inverter, broken slide etc have been dealt with & I am happy with the repairs so except for my concern about quantity of issues & quality of workmanship they are in the past.

I think I have got the fridge situation worked out.

The temp sensor error has to do with the interior temp of the coach & setting temperature controls for the furnace/a.c..

This weekend I was plugged into electric.

I was raised tent camping & as an adult have had trailers. My last one was 23', new & quite nice but I only used the shower once, the water heater only a couple of times, heated a kettle of water for coffee & used the rest to wash dishes. But I was also able to do most care & maintenance myself. I can't seem to do anything myself so far on the motorhome.

So this last weekend, I didn't use the tv or hot water heater. I ran the front functioning heat at night but because I was in a horse arena all day turned it off completely during the day.

I still have minimalist tendencies but this is the compromise with my city boy husband. [emoji15] [emoji1]

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum