Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 03:33 AM   #16
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
The sad thing is that in researching RVs for myself, and in recent weeks for my father (class B/C) and sister (replacement for her 2012 Tiffin DP), the conclusion I've come to is that there are very few makers that are actually putting out quality coaches.

Newmar seems to have a pretty good reputation still. Not without problems, but pretty good. Some of the small class C's like LTV and Coach House have good reps, but LTV and fellow Canadian company Pleasureway have appeared to have more issues in recent years.

Tiffin is not producing coaches much more trouble free than Thor, they just stand behind them much better (they will typically fix clear manufacturing defects well out of warranty).

I went cheap with my Thor ACE, because I wasn't sure if we would like RV'ng, but since I think we are going to love it, I'm already looking for my upgrade to move to in the next year or two, which would be a DP and at the moment, the only DPs in the 35-40' range that I think more likely than not will be well built seems to be Newmar.

I don't know if it has to do with the massive consolidation after the '08 crash; the massive increase in demand; or, a bit of both. Regardless, these days, it doesn't matter if you spend 80k or 380k, there is a very good chance you are going to be dealing with manufacturing and QC issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum