Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:51 PM   #24
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by USTraveler View Post
Lots of good info on this forum and I appreciate all of it. Everyone has given me much to ponder and pondering is what I am doing. I am waiting to drive the unit after doing the CHF on the rear before doing anything else. I went to do that yesterday but when I got to the storage unit the MH battery was dead. Apparently the radio was left on. I really don't like that Axxera radio because it is not wired into the ignition switch and I am never sure when it is off. This is not the first time I've had this happen. There is no plain simple on-off button but rather a power/mode button with no indication as to what mode it is in or if the power is off or on. I think I am going to put a toggle switch in the power line for the radio so I know for sure when it is off. All that is the subject for another thread though. Anyway, I haven't driven the MH yet but I am leaning to leaving the front end links as they are for now (I too am not comfortable with the extreme angle the links would be in) and if I don't like the handling will get either a shock mounted steering stabilizer like the Roadmaster RSSA or the Steer-Safe stabilizer, or get adjustable links to do the CHF. Will post how it goes when it goes.
Does your Axxera radio not light up on the face to let you know there's power there? Mine does. It's hard to miss when I look at the dash for any reason if it's powered up. Also, mine will not power up if the USE / STORE rocker switch is in Store mode. The radio is connected to that. At least in my coach.
Good luck with this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum