Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #5
gkurts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Mississippi
THOR #8822
We're a few months in to full-timing in our ACE 30.3. It isn't perfect for full-timing but you can absolutely make it work, I mean, people full-time in a lot less.

I kind of "griped" immediately after we bought it and had the dealer cover a professional alignment at a truck shop. It was pretty bad out of spec. It still didn't drive well so they covered taking it to a tire shop (we thought the front tires were bad). Turned out, they were BAD out of balance. The front right was almost 6 oz. off. They also had the pressure set to 110 lbs. After rebalancing all tires and setting the pressure to 82 lbs, re-alignment, and cheap handling fix (alignment shop did this for me), it drives MUCH better. I still want a better front and rear sway bar but it's more than comfortable to drive now.

Be sure after a realignment to have them re-center the steering wheel. It can't be done by pulling the wheel and moving it. The steering shaft has to be disconnected at the box on the chassis and corrected. Mine isn't perfect but it's close enough to not bother me.

Other than that, we've had some minor issues like screws not in good or coming out, staples for some of the wood coming out or breaking, etc. Mostly cosmetic. Our outside TV quit working and Thor replaced it without having to take the whole rig in, which was nice. I've called Thor a time or two and their support has been excellent.

Right now, I'm chasing a *very* small water leak in the wet bay on one of the clamps where the water pump connects. It is just an occasional drip and isn't inside (no wood is wet) so I'm trying to fix it myself.

In my opinion, the ACE is a solid foundation if you're handy and not afraid to fix things up or change them to your liking. I love the rig and would buy it again. The quality kind of sucks but that's most of them in this price range.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum