Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 06:14 PM   #11
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
Oh, i noticed you have the new 6 speed transmission. Was wondering about that too. From what i read, it's a huge move forward in transmissions with the ability to have more control with a pause button in each gear allowing you to hold a gear for as long as you want. Coming off Vail Pass, that would come in handy. How would you describe the benefits of it. thanks.
Ron likes the E450/ 6 speed trans ... he is a fan of the Triton motor having had 2 previous motorhomes with the E350 .
We have around 15k miles on the Axis now, and Ron sez the trans has broken in well and is very intuitive. One thing he had to learn is to let it do what it wants to do ... Ron has a close friend who has done trans. work all his life..in regards to the passes in CO (or anywhere) he sez to let the trans and motor do the work and save the brakes.
We visit CO a lot...Passes like Wolf Creek, Monarch etc are easy with the 6 speed...even the decline into Denver on I70 (which we avoid whenever possible)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum