Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #7
karwask

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Oregon
THOR #4548
Question Update Generator Primer Malfunction

Hi All,

When I went to try to arrange to have this looked into at the RV dealership where it was purchased, I was told it was a generator issue, therefore warranty covered by Cumins. I just got it there this am.

Does what they are concluding make sense to you all?

They concluded that it's a wiring issue that the wiring was very wet. It makes sense that it was wiring as when I moved the harness around the button that would otherwise not turn off, finally did. They put something on there, gel?, and they drained the oil/gas mixture and will refill. They do not take responsibility for this work and will be charging me something around $214. They suggest it's a manufacturer problem/defect that the generator is exposed and subject to be being splashed.

I have to admit to not being impressed with the guy who called trying to explain this to me. At first he said there needs to be a mud flap to protect the gennie from the rear tire and then I had to inform him that there is a mud flap there!!! Then he said something like they shouldn't install a non enclosed gennie behind the rear tire so what's a girl to conclude that all Thor Vegas/Axis's are defective in this way and will eventually have this problem?

What makes sense to you all? I have just left a VM message with my service guy at the RV dealership where it was purchased and let's see if he'll go for taking responsibility for this or not.

Might one conclude that it's more difficult to get reimbursed this way for warranty work then if I let the two companies duke it out among themselves?

thanks all,

- karen:
karwask is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.