Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #8
Peterrrr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannelle View Post
Hi, New at this will be getting our unit at the end of November, we are from Ottawa area, Ontario, with winter lurking, our first trip will have to be going to warmer climate. Hoping that we do not encounter major problems as we will be far away from our dealer?
been reading blogs and noticed owner,s club membership numbers what membership should a new comer to Rving gets that cover Canada/USA ?
Any suggestion on overnight stay in December on our way south towards SC?
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. I am also from Ottawa, and travel to the southwest for the winter. PassPort America, is the only membership that I continue to use. Some parks have restrictions during the winter for the discount so you have to check it. Have used GoodSam but did not renew as only used it once in the past year. Past winters, the first night South have stayed at the Penn Welcome Centre(NY-PA Border), Binghamton New York WalMart, Home Depot in Carlisle PA. Few years back a Home Depot in Virginia. Depends on your distance and the times you leave and the time of year. In December its going to be cold and most of the Campgrounds in NY and PA are closed just after our Thanksgiving. If you want a camp ground, then there is one in Cortland NY open (not many spots and could be muddy) and Harrisburg PA. The Harrisburg one is too pricey now in my opinion. My BIL two years ago left in January and they stayed in a Hotel for the first two nights as it was just too cold in the RV. You have to pick your window of travel out as North of Syracuse you could get Lake Affect snow, which is not pretty to go through.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum