Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 12:22 PM   #11
Peterrrr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Thanks for the replys all. I was hoping there was some magic in the cable. We have found our antenna also pretty much useless. I have considered satellite but really was hoping to do without the hassle. Is there anything like a signal booster available for the incoming cable? My knowledge about tv is that it comes on when you push the button, hopefully.
Actually there is a signal booster with the over the air(OTA) antenna, which should be turned off when you hook up to cable. You did state you had a 5th wheel before, so I am assuming you have been turning the booster on off and scanning for channels from within the TV. Even on cable hookup you need to scan for channels. Without the external digital box some cable companies are sending digital channels over their cable. But as others have stated, normally the cable hookup does not supply the best quality of TV reception.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum