Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 01:02 PM   #40
bruno1950

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Blackjeepk x2. Hooking and unhooking very simple with the toad. Think about where you're gonna store the dolly when you are using it. Also, what happens when you run down a rabbit hole i.e. you wind up in a cul-de-sac where you cannot turn around without dropping the toad or into a service station where you cannot make the turn. Doesn't happen very often but when it does, you must unhook the toad then park the toad, turn the coach around and then reconnect. I maybe the only driver this has happened to but when it does I couldn't imagine having a toad on a dolly.

Just our 2 cents.

Well you are not the only person that has done that. I use a tow dolly because I purchased a toad that only allowed for that type of towing. After a long day of driving, I pulled into a gas station in WV that was connected to a motel right behind it. After gassing up I pulled forward to travel around the station and go through the motel parking lot. Lo and behold, the motel was out of business and the back of the station was fenced off. Tried making a u turn but there wasn't quite enough room. I did succeed in basically jack-knifing the MH and trailer without having an option to back up. Had to unload toad, unhook the dolly, maneuver the MH between cars, ice machines, etc and then hook everything back. Really wished at that moment I had made a different decision about towing methods. Only has to happen once before you become more diligent about where you pull into.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum