Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #7
naturescott49

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Alaska
THOR #6077
One year with our ACE 29.3

The upshot, yes, I'd buy it again. It fits our needs closer than any other rig we looked at. We do a lot of state park/national park camping and a 30 foot limit is our choice. There are only the two of us and there is plenty of room. I love the full side slide of the 29.3. I've had no problem with it getting out of alignment, just be sure to wait until all the noise has stopped when bringing it in. I don't pay much attention to the trim level that so many people do as most of it I consider "foo foo" (extravagantly elegant) and prefer plain and simple.

We've driven it from Georgia to California and found it a pleasure to drive (with no suspension changes!) and was amazed at how well it handles in some big desert winds. Now consider this, I don't drive faster than 55 mph. I developed this habit with my 5th-wheel and find driving no more than 400 miles in a day at 55 mph helped me get to my destination feeling refreshed. That doesn't happen when I push my speed. Plus, the journey is just as much part of the trip as the destination.

Several things came up that required service, none significant in any big way and I considered inconveniences. Should they have been taken care of before delivery? Sure. But I took care of them, some by myself (with some excellent phone service from Thor) and some by Camping World. Many consider CW "the antichrist". Our experience with the people there has been great. They are just too busy and our Atlanta location too small for all the work that they have.

Bottom line, we love it. About to head out on a winter's worth of adventure today. We live in Alaska for 7 months and wander in it in the lower 48 in the winter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum