Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #59
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by markaasmund View Post
I haven't been on the site for quite a while, but when I did I noticed others with 36MQ model have had rain getting into furnaces. I recently had both furnaces start blowing air (not hot air) during a heavy rainstorm, even though the thermostat was off. I inspected the furnace compartments from the inside of the coach and saw water was was getting into the coach from the furnace area. After the rain stopped I opened the furnace compartments from outside and both circuit boards had standing water on them. I fiddled with the furnaces for a couple hours and finally ended up disconnecting the wires to make them stop running. About a week later I took the coach to a rv repair shop and they couldn't find anything wrong!! They were right-both heaters performed perfectly. I guess the units must have dried off enough and the circuit boards weren't destroyed by water. So how did the water get in there? I did find that both furnace compartment covers (not the removable covers but the larger compartment covers) had fine cracks in the sealant. I repaired that. But I did notice when I took off the removable furnace covers about half the screws were showing evidence of water intrusion.
I didn't know there was a retro kit for relocating the circuit board, but it sounds like a good thing to do. I am curious if you other folks with the water in your furnace have figured out how the water got in there? Did you have cracks in the compartment sealant? I can't see how it would come in through the exhaust apparatus? Is there something I am missing?
Thanks.
Does the outside covers look like the ones in this thread?
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...egas-4200.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.