Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #9
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves2 View Post
That is a surprise. So easy to park and get around. My 2008 is only 21 feet and four wheels and I hesitate to say it is easy to park. I have a 2000 watt , not a real sine wave. I hooked it up to my Roadtrek engine battery, started the engine and ran 2 fridges, a freezer, two lamps, a fan, and a 65" 4K TV when HURRICANE Irma took our power. I will experiment and report.
Thanks for the info.

Leon
Congratulations on new motorhome.

Easy to park is obviously relative. My C was about the same length as yours will be, except narrower (mine wasn't a wide body like the Four Winds). For a motorhome I thought it was very easy to park in that I could often back it into regular auto parking spots by letting the rear hang over the curve. If you try that make absolutely certain you have enough ground clearance to clear curve so you don't damage the low-hanging dump lines (mine had bath in rear also so lines more vulnerable).

I think compared to a Roadtrek (presume a van) the extra foot and a half of width, extra height, and 3 feet of extra length can't help but make it harder to park in tight places. Even extra height occassionally made a difference because restaurant parking lots and the like don't always trim trees for oversize vehicles. By comparison my 20-ft van is much easier to park, allowing me to enter tighter parking lots, so it does make a little difference.

With a little caution though a 24-ft can be parked in many places. Any longer than that and it essentially eliminates parking in standard car spaces altogether.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.