Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:44 PM   #38
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
I have the same experience with mine. I don't have the money for the Saf-t-steer yet. However, I'm thinking the Sumo Springs will provide more satisfaction for me, if I do it first. I have to believe their installation will take out a good portion of the body roll in turns, especially sharp ones.
Halfprice, maybe you can weigh in on this thought.
Hard for me to say which is better or what should be done first. From what I have read every mh is different and needs different things.

Here's what I've done:

The dealer installed my Safe t Plus before I picked it up. So I cant give you a before and after opinion. I did do a test drive but it was all so new to me I couldn't tell the difference. It was actually the first time driving a mh.

I did front and rear CHF soon after getting the mh and before I did any big trips. So again I cant give a fair before and after opinion.

Rear track bar made a HUGE difference in handling in regards to passing semis and strong winds. Best thing bought and installed for handling.

I installed front Sumo springs a couple months ago but haven't taken it out for a trip yet. Because of the neck surgery I wont be able to do any trips until after the new year. Did a few miles around the house after the install and the Sumos stopped most of the rolling side to side. I'm real curious how and what it will do on the freeway. Track bar has done so much I don't know if I'll feel any difference with the Sumos. Maybe I will.

Guess my opinion would be do the CHF front and rear because they are free, rear track bar, safe t plus, then sumos. Each of these parts cost a round $500 each. But this is for my mh yours maybe different.

Also money plays a big part in what to buy and if you can do the install yourself. I don't mind buying parts but I'm way to cheap to pay someone to do the install.

I have said this many times I am not a mechanic and I have very limited mechanical skills. Doing the CHF was very scary for me to do if fact on my first attempt I stopped before doing anything and had to read more about it. I was afraid I would screw something up and have to pay someone to fix my screw up.

But after many hours of crawling a round under my mh and my buddies Fleetwood I very confident with a wrench now. At least for the CHF and rear track bar installs. CHF is only 15 minutes to do and I knocked out the rear track bar install on my buddies Fleetwood in 1 1/2 hour. It took me 1 1/2 days to do mine. Big learning curve. Again I'm not a mechanic.

On my buddies Fleetwood we did the CHF, Rear track bar, and safe t plus. He couldn't believe how well it handled after doing this. He said it was like driving a completely different mh. He said it was like driving a car now. He was very happy.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.