Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 03:41 AM   #1
Potvinsux

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #9237
Those Who Upsized to a Hurricane or Downsized to a Vegas

I know there are many threads on the differences between the two including: storage, interior space, finishes, chassis, driving manners, but I'm trying to figure out the advantages/disadvantages of going to a Hurricane with larger holding tanks, fuel tank, and LPG tank.

We will be first time RV buyers, two of us, boondocking some but staying in campgrounds more, ~30 feet or less Class A. My biggest concern with a Vegas is boondocking being cut short due to holding tanks being full, no fresh water, running low on fuel, etc. We don't have the experience or knowledge yet to know what would work best and certainly don't want to regret the purchase.

Am I nuts thinking of going to the Hurricane first and not even consider the Vegas anymore? BTW, going to a longer, taller coach is not an issue since she has driven similar vehicles before and I drive a 40ish foot fire truck for a living.

Thanks
Nic

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum