Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 03:52 AM   #16
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbear View Post
I have had my Chevy 28A since it was new and I have been very happy with it. I tow a Subaru sedan with no problems. We have had one trip to the west coast, many years ago and all went well. As I remember, we were a little slow going up the bigger hills. Here in the east I have no problems with the hills.

I can't compare it with the Ford chassis, but, I am happy with the Chevy.

I've driven a 28A with Ford V10 across Rockies, without a toad, and it wasn't that fast uphills either. No matter how we look at it, 305 HP maximum on a rig that weighed close to 14,500 pounds can't be fast going up hills.

The Chevy V8 has more power than Ford V10, plus the 23U motorhome is lighter than the 28A, so performance should be better. Someone on this forum also reported Chevy V8 fuel economy was better than those with Ford V10.

I like the Ford E-Series cab but I'm biased because I've been driving them for about 20 years total. Having said that, I'm not a blind fan of the Ford V10 even though my present one has 175,000 miles (in a van) and only with minor repairs. It is reliable, but lacks refinement. Ford has been lacking a large modern truck-size V8 for a long time in my opinion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum