Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
TheTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
We started with a 2016 Axis 24.1 and made several trips in it. However, there are 3 of us and the Axis proved too small to comfortably live in for extended periods. We ended up trading in for a 2017 Hurricane 34J (bunk house). We removed the top bunk and turned the enclosed bunk closet a place for our son. We love the master bedroom and king bed! Also, I love a full sized shower! The Axis shower was much too small for me. The extra space makes living in it for weeks at a time light years more enjoyable. As far as driving goes, you don't even notice the extra length when driving. You do notice the added width, but you get used to it quickly. In my experience the Hurricane is much more stable on the road. I had to add a steering stabilizer to Axis to keep it under control. Steering has not been a problem with the Hurricane. The only issues I have with the Hurricane's handling is the sway because of the added length and height (I'll probably do the Cheap Handling Fix to help with that), and parking in parking lots because of the length. Overall, the comfort for living in and driving experience makes it the best choice for us. Even if there were only two of us, I'd not go smaller again.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum