Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: What to tow?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #30
scubes3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #8483
Fiat 500 5-speed manual. Fun, light SMALL little car. No fuses to pull, no transmission set-up, no steering wheel locking system to deal with, no odometer mileage added on while towing, etc. I say SMALL because we didn't want another 20-plus feet of car behind us, nor too much weight. Can actually fit four adults. Blue Ox tow bar; RV2 braking system; Blue Ox base plate. Just setting up system so can't report on how successful my research and purchases are yet....

Still deciding between Hopkins and Curt wiring harness and which drop hitch (4" or 6") to go with. Wanted a dual receiver drop hitch (to mount Swagman bike rack above tow bar), but having trouble finding a dual receiver drop hitch in 6".

Tow bar and braking system off of Craigslist...fair amount of availability if you start looking early enough. Do the research before hand on what system(s) you like and then hope they show up for sale. Picked up mine for about one third new cost, so don't forget about that marketplace. Will self-install all (including a Curt receiver hitch for the Fiat for bicycle rack).

It's the dingy after all....not the yacht! If you don't need to go off-road or cross-country, think about small and light for your "dingy."

Rig is an 2017 A.C.E. 29.3 (front and rear CHF done).

Pete

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum