Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 01:39 AM   #1
schreinertms

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Noisy LP furnace - mod to existing furnace

As many of us have probably noticed, the LP furnaces in most RV's, with probably the exception of the high end coaches, they are very noisy when they run. The two main "noise" attributes seem to be the actual air blower and then the LP firing once that gets going. Unfortunate for me, I can't sleep well with noise of any kind. When the furnace kicks in, it sometimes wakes me up. Has anyone toyed around with the idea of somehow making theirs less noisy through some modification? I know that there is an electric heating element available for these common furnaces but I believe last time I saw that price tag it was "juice not worth the squeeze" plus that only maybe solves one of the furnace noise attributes.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum