Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #14
captrandy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #8654
Seiki tv ng

The first one of our 3 SEIKI Tv's to go was the outside one. Only used once, but it was probably the outside dampness, who knows.
The second one I just discovered that has a problem is the bedroom TV. It gets a picture, but the upper left side is all full of lines rendering the TV useless.
The one over the door is still working at the moment, so in two years, two out of three SEIKI TV's have gone bad.
The outside one I will not replace as it is not really used much, but the one in the bedroom I am replacing with a Sanyo that I had lying around.

The problem I have with the bedroom TV is the way Thor mounted the TV to the wall. They used a tapered fixed metal mount that I discovered only slides off the bracket in the direction of the window. This means that you have to remove the cornice in order to have the room for it to sled off the bracket.

When I replace the TV, I hope to rotate the bracket 180 degrees, so that it can slide in from the hall area towards the window. That way I never have to remove the cornice again. Just another stupid move by Thor.

You get what you pay for and I am sure Thor purchased the cheapest TV's they could

Capt Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVTV.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	7700  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum