Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs mom View Post

.....cut.....

5-Charger only has to be connected for 1-2 seconds.

.....cut.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Item #5 is key in my opinion. I'd ask myself what can possibly change just because you connect a battery charger if your battery is indeed good (and I'm not necessarily as certain as you).

Where exactly are you connecting the charger? Because if it's right at the chassis battery terminals, then you can eliminate a lot of things that are NOT likely causing the problem.

It's possible that the higher voltage from a battery charger could be causing things to work differently, but that's highly unlikely.

On the other hand if you are connecting at house batteries, and then starting engine, that's a completely different set of conditions.

A little more information on exactly how you start with help from battery charger, and under what conditions, would help a lot. For example, are house batteries also fully charged when you start engine?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum