Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 01:02 AM   #15
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcouple View Post
Is anyone hauling a motorcycle with a 2016 Thor Vegas? I have a 800 lb Honda Goldwing and was thinking a covered trailer but now considering a lift that gets welded to the rear frame and hauls the bike suspended behind the unit. We have no plans for a toad because the Wing would be our city car.

I notice when I wash the Vegas after each trip the road grime on the sides is worst from the bottom to about halfway up but is thick all the way to the roof on the back panel, I assume due to the vacuum that is created going down the road. I can handle that with a cover I think, and a lift would be better when the wife drives.

Anyone with experience?
We looked at attaching a rear lift to the back of the MH for our Goldwing.

However, as we started looking most dealers that did install them said they could not install on a coach unless you have dual axles at the back.
Also, CW and others told us all the drilling and welding it would take would void any warranty on the coach.

So, I have a closed in trailer we use behind the pick up and I plan to use it with the motor home. Protecting the bike is my first priority. I would never cover the bike and pull it either. All the wind flapping the cover can cause scratching to the paint and chrome.
The lift cost VS pulling the trailer behind settled the issue for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum