Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: sound deadening
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #24
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
[QUOTE=SuperD;97199]I used the Hoodliner and Extreme both, as recommended by DynaMat. First layer was the Hoodliner with seams sealed by DynaMat tape, then Extreme, again sealed with tape. Big reduction in noise, NO heat at all from the doghouse now. DynaMat is a little more expensive but you get what you pay for! Would do it again.

I'm convinced that adding the DynaMat to the engine cover is a good winter project and plan on doing as SuperD did (except get the DynaMat and Hood Liner down in the right order). I don't see much up side to trying something cheaper. In my experience, whenever I try and do something like this on the cheap, I end up doing it twice. Looks like about $250 for materials.

I'll look at doing the floor under the driver and passenger and as maybe a spring project (depending upon when spring actually comes - we get it late at altitude). I've seen posts on putting the DynaMat on the underside, but it looks like a fair job to get it installed around all of the other stuff that's down there. I'll probably see how the engine cover works first.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.