Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Axxera AV615BH
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #38
TXwoods

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Super C
State: Texas
THOR #9870
Super D - I finally found my switch box. It was in the dash under the steering wheel, not mounted, just stuffed in the center of a rats nest of wires. It's the same as model yours, RVS-501N-3, sold by RearViewSafety.com as is your monitor.

I was curious what the MIR/NOR switches do. I see in the RVS-501N-3 manual that they are Mirror view and Normal view. However, when I switch them, the view does not flip. I wonder why one would want to mirror the view anyway.

The switch box has 2 outputs, VIDEO OUT and MONITOR. MONITOR has a yellow RCA and a white RCA. The yellow RCA is what's connect to the radio. I imagine the white RCA is for sound. Do our cameras have sound?

I see in the picture of your monitor on the dash that it's showing all 3 camera views at once. That raises the question of when the cameras are on. In my web search I saw some back-up systems that specified that their camera was "always on" which suggests that always on is not always the case. I came across concerns about the cameras might over heat. Are your cameras always on or is the monitor using the yellow, brown, and blue trigger wires in its wiring harness to selectively turn them on based on which cameras are being viewed?

The RearViewSafety.com web site shows the 7" (RVS-6137Q) and 9" (RVS-6139Q) quad monitors (both 800x480) that you considered but they are now different prices, $224.99 and $249.99. There's also now a 10" (RVS-61310Q) quad monitor that is 1024x600 and has a video out for, oddly, $224.99. I think I'll go with that one.

I'm still working out how to mount the monitor. I think I'll hang it in front of the radio.

Thanks again for your help.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.