Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
As one who had the rot, and has had Thor repair it under warranty.... I think FW28Z's suggestions are good.

In my case, Thor opted to replace the entire back wall.
Now that I see this sketch showing that the entire wall is not plywood, I'm really scratching my head why they would replace my wall.

Regardless, my only real beefs are
my coach is a discontinued color, so they sent a white wall and the dealer painted to match. You can tell its different if you look close but it looks good enough. My concern is how will it age compared to the side walls?

and the dealer didn't do a great job with the radius transition to the roof.... the piece of the wall that rolls up around to meet the roof.... it's a compound curve and so the piece is wrinkled a bit. At least you can't see it form the ground and it only seems to be a cosmetic issue that can only be seen form the roof.

If I were doing it over again, I would 1st if the rot isn't bad strongly consider FW28Z's epoxy repair
or
if Thor was going to replace the wall, I would do what I didn't think of until after the fact.... have them not make the cut outs for the tail lights.... but instead source some nice surface mount LED fixtures like are used on travel trailers. I've seen some taht look great, and I think they would be easier to seal with only screw holes to worry about.... and also easier to replace if ever needed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.