Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #15
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
So maybe I could disconnect for this less than a month storage;-) Mine are 2 x 12 volts in parallel. -/+ -/+
Could I just disconnect the wires on the left-most negative post to isolate both batteries from the parasitic drain?
On my Gemini even in the "store" position the batteries are still connected to "something" and definitely would not last 3wks.
I see the 1st negative (with 2 wires to manage) as an easy disconnect but the far right positive seems difficult to access without touching the metal stair frame --and it has 3 wires to manage....
Nancy
Are there any wires attached to the right most battery's negative post other than the connection to the left battery?
If not - disconnecting the negative from the left battery is all you need to do...
If there are other wires on the right battery negative - you will need to disconnect them too (otherwise that battery could still see drain...)
No need to touch the positive side of either battery.

Pick up a disconnect from an auto parts store (knife or screw type) that goes right on the negative terminal... Makes disconnecting/reconnecting much easier.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum